Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary

A place for fun but with its serious side. Friends helping friends.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A story by Katt

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Katt
Forum Owner
Forum Owner
Katt

Female
Number of posts : 832
Humor : Odd and Quick
Registration date : 2008-06-19

A story by Katt - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A story by Katt   A story by Katt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 12:57 am

Having wandered over the her favorite thinking spot, Muirgheal closes her eyes and enjoys the air coming off the ocean below. Her hair and gown blowing nearly straight behind her as she spreads her arms, leaning into the wind with eyes closed. Having heard the conversation between the men, she wonders why Connor would let her hear, but say not to tell yet. What are they hiding? What is so important that it means a battle? She tries to clear her mind but the jumbled thoughts won't stop.

Connor walks behind her and wraps an arm around her waist, a bit nervous at how close she is to the edge.

She steps away from him quickly. Turning to face him "Would you mind explaining what's going on now, My Lord."

He gives her a puzzled look. "What do you mean? What happened to calling me Connor all the sudden? Whats wrong?"

"Whats wrong? You open your mind so I might hear your conversation with Father and then play dumb?" Tipping her head quizzically, her eyes go wide as he turns pale.....
Back to top Go down
https://wyldkattsanctuary.darkbb.com
Katt
Forum Owner
Forum Owner
Katt

Female

PostSubject: Re: A story by Katt   A story by Katt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:20 am

"What did you hear Muir?"

"I heard from time runs short from Father until you said wish you could fight for her. Since my 25th year arrives in a fortnight, I know it was me you both had to be talking about." Puzzled even more at his odd expression. "You are the only one I can speak with mind to mind Connor, besides the animals. As a woman of high honor, you know I would not listen in on you. I always speak as soon as I open the connection. So why do you have a look of being kicked by a Horse about you? It is not my fault you opened up and yet kept silent. Which is quite odd of you to say the least. I don't appreciate being ignored as well. I tried several times to get you to tell me what you were talking about, and yet you continued to keep silent!"

He grabs her hand and start walking swiftly towards the Castle. His mind racing to remember who could have been in the dining hall. He could not picture anyone as is the habit of the servants to leave, closing all doors at the last course. This was done so the family could have a small portion of the day together, undisturbed.....
Back to top Go down
Katt
Forum Owner
Forum Owner
Katt

Female

PostSubject: Re: A story by Katt   A story by Katt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:44 am

Struggling to keep up with him, Gheal tries to pull back. "Will you stop? Your hurting me. My Lord, stop! Your hurting my arm! Connor? CONNOR!" At her yell he finally slows down and looks at her. "What?" "Your hurting me! Cease dragging me like a lamb to the slaughter. If you wish me to go with you in such a hurry, simply ask. I can keep up you know." "I know my lady, forgive me, I did not mean harm. Please though, we must hurry, come with me."

Picking up her skirts in both hands, she races with him to the castle. Thinking he has gone mad for some reason. "Why will you not answer my questions My Lord? Why are we running like horses in a race?" A faint voice comes to her mind *Hurry Daughter, there is not much time left.* She comes to a complete stand still. Connor stops and turns to find out why she has stopped again. Her wide eyes are filled with fear. She whispers so soft he barely hears her "Papa?" She breaks into a run and flies past him, screaming "Papa" over and over. He follows as she goes straight up to her fathers chambers.....
Back to top Go down
Katt
Forum Owner
Forum Owner
Katt

Female

PostSubject: Re: A story by Katt   A story by Katt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 6:53 am

Papa, having only had a few moments sleep, woke with a gasp and called to his servant. Sean stumbles over to the man from his room, sleep filled eyes darting about. He knows he'd just fallen asleep but feels so weighed down. "What is it Sir. Are you all right?" "Tonight, Its to begin tonight! Quickly! Get the chamber ready." Sean disappears behind a hidden door, no longer sleepy in the least. He goes to several rooms, waking servants. A simple "Its time to start." has each servant scrambling with a speed they are not normally known for. Excitement exudes throughout the upper chambers

Moving spry for his age, Papa rushes to change, locking his chamber door to stall his daughter. *Hurry, Daughter, there is not much time left.* he sends out, knowing his secret is up but will lend wings to her feet. He also sends out *Shylah, Setanta, Dagda, come to the chamber." He goes to the window and waits....
Back to top Go down
Katt
Forum Owner
Forum Owner
Katt

Female

PostSubject: Re: A story by Katt   A story by Katt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:04 pm

As the huge dragon silently approaches the window the man is at, the man says "Dreugan lugha" (dragon smaller) with a wave of a lite up hand. The dragon shrinks to about the size of a large eagle and enters. The clatter of horse hooves on stone echoes from the direction of the servant stairs.

A moment later he hears his daughter yelling "PAPA!" as she nears his door. Growling at her silent approach, wishing she'd had shoes on so he could tell her position earlier. An ummf sound makes him smile as he realizes she'd not tested the closed door first and ran right into it. She pounds on it "Papa, open up. Papa, what is wrong? Papa???" She goes silent and then a muffled noise. Unable to stall any longer as he hears a louder thud, he sits on the edge of his bed and signals Sean, who had appeared just as she started on the door, to open it. Sean quickly unlocks it, opens it and a large figure stumbles a couple steps before falling.

Rushing into the room, Muirgheal races right over to her father and starts fussing over him. Realizing she's not yet caught on to what he'd done earlier he shows her again *Stop your fussing Lass! Theres work to begin!*

She stares at him dumbfounded.......
Back to top Go down
Katt
Forum Owner
Forum Owner
Katt

Female

PostSubject: Re: A story by Katt   A story by Katt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 4:12 pm

"Papa, did you just speak to me mind to mind or has my worry for you addled my brain?" *Your not addled, yet, Gheal. It is time for the truth of things to arrive. Tonight your learning begins. Tell her Connor.*

Whilst the mental talk happens, Connor gets to his feet and straightens himself out. He gives the older man a wry look. *I should have known you would know how to mental speak, Sir. Why you would hold back is beyond my comprehension.* Papa laughs for a few seconds before getting a serious look. "There are things ye will learn as well Lad. The Prophesy has parts that were not told to ye. Both of your lives are about to change in ways I can only hope will not destroy you." He stands and begins walking towards the hidden chamber. "Come, time runs short and there is plenty to be done.

Scrambling to follow him, Muirgheal stop him by grabbing his arm. "Papa, what are you going on about? Are you feeling ill? Why did you tell me to hurry?". Patting her hand affectionately, he simply smiles and continues to the hidden door.....
Back to top Go down
Katt
Forum Owner
Forum Owner
Katt

Female

PostSubject: Re: A story by Katt   A story by Katt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:07 am

Entering the 2nd chamber, Muirgheal is shocked at just how big it is in comparison to the rest of the house and its hidden location. "Papa, what is this? Why have you not told me of it before? Oh what a pretty little pond."

"Do not touch the water Gheal. Tis magic infused. Whilst the servants continue preparing for the ritual, wander about. Get yourselves familiar with it in here. You're going to be spending more time here as of this night." Papa said with a rueful grin.

As Connor wanders about the rest of the room, Muirgheal is transfixed with the pond. As she leans over the edge, she gasps in surprise. She looks down upon the scene of a lone rider riding hard over lands she realizes is the outer edges over their lands. "Papa, come look. There is a man approaching. If he keeps that speed up, I fear for the safety of the poor beast!"

Papa hurries over to see what she is talking about. "What are you going on about Girl? Tis nothing there but the water."

Turning with wide eyes to face him, she says "But surely you can see him?" "No Lass. These waters are mage blessed for different reasons. Not sight."

Turning back to the little pond, she stares intently, wondering at who it could be approaching. She sees his mouth move, arms yanking back and suddenly the horse slides to a stop and rears in agitation at having been pulled to such an abrupt halt....
Back to top Go down
Katt
Forum Owner
Forum Owner
Katt

Female

PostSubject: Re: A story by Katt   A story by Katt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:24 am

While she stands transfixed with the rider, he turns slightly in the saddle and seems to stare straight into her eyes. A slow smile crosses his lips before they move. Gasping, she realizes that he has said her name.

Backing away quickly, still staring at the water, she sees him nod his head and then kick the horse into a run again. A feeling of apprehension over powers her, making her feel slightly dizzy. Sitting on the pond edge, she looks and only sees water. "Papa, I do believe we shall have company within moments."

"Aye, we will. Tis time to prepare you. Go with Maggie and put this shift on. You need not put anything else on." Papa himself stares at the water, puzzled. Thinking she should not of seen the rider. Things may go awry if she sees more then she should. Picking up a large pitcher, he dips it into the water and hands it to Maggie. "Make sure cover every inch of her with it. I'll have Racheal bring the 2nd for her hair." Maggie takes the pitcher "Lets us go, Gheal, tis time for ye to be as a water nymph."

Muirgheal follows the older woman, her mind racing with curiosity. Squealing when the cold water is slowly poured over her after she has striped, she hears laugher from several people and grumbles under her breath. Meanwhile, the animals get the same treatment. After the brief moment of laughter, the others in the room start to chant. A tingle rises throughout her body as Gheal stands shivering.....
Back to top Go down
Katt
Forum Owner
Forum Owner
Katt

Female

PostSubject: Re: A story by Katt   A story by Katt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:39 am

After she has been completely bathed in the water, Racheal helps her into the shift and they walk out from behind the screen. Fear begins to shroud Gheal's mind. Looking at her father, she walks over to him, shivering no longer from the water. "Papa, why do I feel so strange? I feel as if slow lightening is striking at my entire body. I fear I may faint from the swirling going on within my mind as well. Help me Papa."

Putting a comforting arm around her, the old man begins to murmur louder. As her knees give way, Connor steps over to support her on the other side. A moment later, black weaves its way through her and she falls faint.

"Take her to the alter. The women will take care of getting her ready for the armor." Papa says whilst glancing at the door. Even though he had not seen what his beloved daughter had, he knew the rider was close. Entering the building with a stride the bode no stopping him. "Be quick now, He is at the steps."

The women in the room move to line up Muirgheals limp body properly on the alter. The Dragon flutters over to lay at Gheal's head, nearly wrapping his body around it. Shylah gracefully leaps up to lay at her feet, the cub in her mouth. She nudges him into place under her right hand. The cub, confused but realizing somehow that he needs to stay silent and only purrs while nuzzling the limp fingers dangling near his cheek. The horse stands in the middle of the room, pawing lightly at the stone floor.....
Back to top Go down
Katt
Forum Owner
Forum Owner
Katt

Female

PostSubject: Re: A story by Katt   A story by Katt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:01 am

4 of the women line up in pairs on each side of the alter. Seconds later, a dark figure strides through the door. His cloak covering something he carries in his arms. Heading straight to the alter, Connor reacts. "Stop, you shall not see her in that state!" He places himself between the man and alter.

A smile crosses the strangers lips, and he turns ice blue eyes to the other man. "You'd best clear the way. Tis the only warning you will get." As he goes to pass Connor, Connor once again places himself between the man and alter. "I shall not. She is in unfit dress for anyone but the women to deal with". Before he can finish his sentence, he finds himself laying on the floor, a sword tip at his throat brings a single drop of blood to surface. Staring dazed, he grows silent.

Thrusting the sword back into its scabbard, the man again turns to the alter and strides to the women. Once there, he removes his cloak and Papa hurries to grab it.....
Back to top Go down
Katt
Forum Owner
Forum Owner
Katt

Female

PostSubject: Re: A story by Katt   A story by Katt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:48 pm

Turning to stare at each woman, he nods and moves to stand at Muirgheal's head. Chanting in an ancient tongue that no one understands but him, he raises his arms slowly. The women follow his lead, repeating his chant and actions in unison.

A swirling lighted wind begins dancing beneath Muirgheal and her eyes whip open to stare upwards, unblinking. A strange glazed look comes to them. She opens her mouth and a mist spins out, surrounding her. Slowly she is raised to standing position and then in to the air.

She begins the chant in a voice not of her own. Each time she says a particular word, the Stranger unfolds an article of clothing from the bundle he had laid out. The mist streams down to grasp the items and brings it back to Muirgheal's body. As each article of clothing is added to her body through the magic, she glows brighter and brighter. As the last of the outfit is put upon her body, Muirgheal is turned to face the Stranger and she softy says "Mire-chath" (battle fury). As the words fade from her mouth, she is lowered down to her feet as the magic wave fades as does her glow.....

Last edited by WyldKatt on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Katt
Forum Owner
Forum Owner
Katt

Female

PostSubject: Re: A story by Katt   A story by Katt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:09 am

Transformed to a complete new look whilst at the same time quite similar to her usual attire, she stares unwaveringly at the man facing her. Raising her arm, the 2nd sword that was attached to his hip slips out of its sheath and flies to her hand.

Silently she stalks the couple steps to him and with an elegant strength born of only the true Sabran's, Muir's birthright, she nimbly leaps off the alter and the women stop their chant.

The Stranger looks her in the eye and asks "Do you know who you are Mi Lady?"

"I am Muirgheal, Domina of the Trinity Prides, Sabra Cugra (wild cat), Sabra Druegan (dragon) and Sabra Òigeach (horse)."

As she says each Pride's name, that animal approaches her and lies at her feet in a circle, silent and watchful.....
Back to top Go down
Katt
Forum Owner
Forum Owner
Katt

Female

PostSubject: Re: A story by Katt   A story by Katt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:37 pm

After the animals have settled in to their positions, Muirgheal takes a moment with each one, laying her forehead on theirs so her eyes are right above theirs. Unblinkingly she stares for several moments, an unreadable look to her face. Before she lifts her head away, she lightly takes her finger and traces from between their eyes, down the nose line to the tip of the beast's nose where she lightly taps a single tap.

Turning slowly towards the Stranger, a hard glint shows in her eyes. A barely noticeable tip up of her head brings pure arrogance to the surface. The longer she stares at him, the harder the look in those eyes get. An unspoken challenge wafts as a scent around her. He stares back with the same hard look for several long moments.

Without warning, the glint in her eyes turns red and her sword swings to strike with the speed of a viper. The resounding clash of metal hitting metal as his sword just as quickly blocks her strike. The animals jump behind the Lady as the humans engage in a fierce battle. The clashing sound of metal striking metal grating on sensitive ears.

The woman and man move in a nearly silent dance of swinging swords. Sparks shower from the weapons when they strike, his moves purely defensive, hers out to take his head off. His ease at protecting himself grates on her nerves for some unknown reason and she growls while twirling to add strength to an all out swing downwards. Putting all her strength in to trying to break through his block, she pushes down while he pushes back to keep the sword from splitting his head. The move brings him down to one knee, bracing to stop her. She leans in so their faces are inches apart, separated only by the width of the criss-crossed swords nearly laying on his face.

With a voice so soft only he may hear, "Are you too cowardly to fight true with a woman?" His answer is to growl as she had and pushes her back.

The tiny smile she puts on her lips transforms her face from harsh to beauty and the one sided attack now turns in to a true battle.
Back to top Go down
Katt
Forum Owner
Forum Owner
Katt

Female

PostSubject: Re: A story by Katt   A story by Katt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:48 pm

Their battle dance begins to cover the entire room. His strikes no longer held back to protect her. The air rings with metal clashes, the shuffle of boots sliding on the floor and the increasingly harsher pant of their breathes.

No words are spoken after her initial ones. They test each others skills through action alone. Blow after blow reeks havoc, human and animal witnesses scrambling to get out of the way for fear of loosing a limb of their own.

Connor tries only once to stop them. He swings his sword to the Stranger to make him stop fighting his beloved but is stunned when as both combatants turn as if 1 and both tips are at either side of his throat, growling in warning, their swords pinning his in place. The second he shows submission, the twin swords are swinging away from him and slamming in to each other!

For what seems an eternity the battle continues, neither side willing to yield in any way.
Back to top Go down
Katt
Forum Owner
Forum Owner
Katt

Female

PostSubject: Re: A story by Katt   A story by Katt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:55 pm

But as all battles must, tiredness begins to show. When the Stranger notices her swing is holding less strength, he calculates his next move. With an imperceptible motion, his feet loose their flow and he gives a tiny stumble. Jumping on her chance to end what she started before she tires, Gheal puts the last of her energy in to swing that knocks his sword from his hands. She arcs her sword around so the tip comes round to rest at the base of his throat. He stumbles backwards, sinking down to kneel to avoid getting his throat sliced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A story by Katt   A story by Katt - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A story by Katt
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2